|author||Rafal Luzynski <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2018-07-27 11:27:48 +0200|
|committer||Rafal Luzynski <email@example.com>||2018-07-27 21:45:24 +0200|
NEWS: Avoid the words "nominative" and "genitive".
Glibc supports two grammatical forms of month names and we keep adding the locale data which actually use this feature but those two forms are not necessarily nominative and genitive. It is better to use a more generic term. Reviewed-by: Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 3 deletions
@@ -48,13 +48,14 @@ Major new features:
- fdiv, fdivl, ddivl and corresponding fMdivfN, fMdivfNx, fMxdivfN and
-* Nominative and genitive month names are now supported for the following
+* Two grammatical forms of month names are now supported for the following
languages: Armenian, Asturian, Catalan, Czech, Kashubian, Occitan, Ossetian,
Scottish Gaelic, Upper Sorbian, and Walloon. The following languages now
- support abbreviated alternative month names: Catalan, Greek, and Kashubian.
+ support two grammatical forms in abbreviated month names: Catalan, Greek,
+ and Kashubian.
* Newly added locales: Lower Sorbian (dsb_DE) and Yakut (sah_RU) also
- include the support of the nominative and genitive month names.
+ include the support for two grammatical forms of month names.
* Building and running on GNU/Hurd systems now works without out-of-tree